Update Voter id Card Address Online: If you change your house, village, or city, then you may have to change the address of your old house on the Voter ID card. So now it has become very easy. You can easily change your address in Voter ID card through your smartphone or mobile from your home. Let’s know.
Voter ID card in India is one of the most important documents issued by the Election Commission of India for those who have completed 18 years of age, who are considered eligible to cast their vote in the election.
It is recognized by the Government of India as an identity card, which you can use in those places where you have to provide proof of your identity, such as applying for a passport.
Usually, if you move to live elsewhere for work, you get settled, or for some other reason, it is quite common to change your home address.
So if for some reason you have to update your address on your voter ID card, this article explains step by step how you can update or change your address on your voter ID card online.
So let’s know how to change or update voter id card address online.
How to change or update address on voter id card online
- You have to visit the National Voters Services Portal, or click on www.nvsp.in.
- Click on Login from the top menu or click on Login/Register from the bottom left side menu.
- Login or Register a new user.
- If you already have an account here, then log in by entering your username and password or.
- Click on ‘Don’t Have an account Register As a new user‘ to create a new account.
- To register a new user, Enter your mobile number and captcha and click on send OTP.
- Enter OPT and click Verify OTP button to verify mobile number.
- Fill in the requested information (name, email, password) and click on the Register button.
- Click on ‘Correction of entries in electoral roll‘.
- If you are living in the old constituency, then you have to click on Form 8A.
- Click on Form 6 for the address of the new constituency.
- Fill in all the required details in the form like your name, date of birth, constituency and home address, email, mobile number, etc.
- Upload all the necessary Documents like address proof, age proof, and photograph.
- After uploading all the documents and filling in all details, review all details of the form and submit it.
- After filling the Declaration option, enter the captcha number and now click on ‘Submit‘.
Verification of the information and documents given by you will be done, it may take some time. After verification, your address will be changed or updated from your Voter ID card.
You will get information or updates about this process through the mobile number and email id given by you.