How to stop getting unnecessary and unwanted messages on Social Apps (WhatsApp and Messenger): If you are getting more messages on WhatsApp and Facebook Messenger which bother you then you can stop it.
Most of us are active on popular apps like Facebook Messenger and WhatsApp. In Facebook Messenger, you can text messages to every user, whereas in WhatsApp you can text only those users who have your contact number saved.
If you are getting fake messages on WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger or if some users are harassing you by calling, or messaging, then you can get rid of it. One of the best ways to do this is to mute that chat option. You can easily mute to ignore chats and calls on Messenger and WhatsApp.
How to mute chats on Messenger
- Step 1: First of all, open Messenger and search for the chat you want to mute.
- Step 2: Now long press and hold that chat, then you will see the list of mute notification option, click on it.
- Step 3: In this list, you will see the option of Mute Message Notification and Mute Call Notification.
- Step 4: You can mute the message or call notification from either of these two options.
In Messenger, users also get the option of ‘Ignore Messages’. To use it, you have to long-press on that chat, after selecting it, you will get rid of unnecessary messages and calls. However, if you open that chat separately or send a message to it, then you can see the old message in it.
How to mute WhatsApp chats
- Step 1: First of all open WhatsApp and search for the chat you want to mute.
- Step 2: Long press on the chat, once the chat is selected, options will appear in the top menu.
- Step 3: From the menu, click on the speaker icon
- Step 4: In this, you will see a mute option list in which 3 options will be available 8hrs, 1week, and Always. From there, you can select the option according to your need.
- Step 5: After muting the chat, you will stop receiving unnecessary messages and calls.