If you want to withdraw money from your (Provident Fund) PF account then you do not need to go anywhere for this. You can easily do it online sitting at home. Here I have given the complete procedure on how to withdraw money from a PF account online.
The Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) announced some time ago that now people can withdraw money from their Provident Fund (PF) account.
They can withdraw money from the PF account as a non-refundable advance. This new process was announced to give some relief to the people affected by the second wave of coronavirus.
This means that if you have a PF account and you are facing any financial problems due to Covid-19, then you can withdraw your money by citing Covid-19 as the reason. Read below to know the complete process.
Last year, the Government of India amended the Provident Fund Scheme, 1952 to allow people to withdraw money from the PF account, citing COVID-19 as the reason.
Earlier, the government used to allow members to withdraw money for retirement in case of illness, or buying a house, among other matters.
However, withdrawing money from a PF account is as easy as withdrawing money from a bank account. For this people have to take care of many things.
However, they are not required to go out of the house. They can withdraw PF online only.
Take special care of these things
- To withdraw PF online, the UAN number must be activated.
- UAN number should be linked with Aadhar card, PAN card, and bank account.
- The mobile number used while activating UAN must be active.
Follow these steps to withdraw money from PF account online
How to Withdraw Money From PF Account Online?
- First of all, go to the official website of EPFO (EMPLOYEES’ PROVIDENT FUND ORGANISATION).
- Click on KYC Updation (Member) on the right side of the home page.
- On the right side, in the Login section, log in by entering the UAN, Password, and Captcha code.
- Click on Claim from the Online Services menu.
- Enter the bank account number and click on Verify.
- Now click on Yes and click on Proceed.
- Click on Proceed for Online Claim.
- Select the claim you want under the I Want To Apply For tab in the claim form.
- Select PF Advance (Form 31) to withdraw money. Now give a reason for the advance.
- Now click on Certificate and submit the application.